To prevent clogs and water damage of the wood fascia boards, it’s important to regularly clean and maintain them. Here are some tips you can follow:
- Schedule regular cleaning and maintenance – The frequency of cleaning your gutters will depend on the location of your home, the type & the amount of trees surrounding your home. But a good rule of thumb is to clean your gutters at least twice a year, in spring and fall.
- Remove debris – Begin by removing any leaves, sticks, and other debris that have accumulated in your gutters. This can be done using a gutter scoop or by hand. Place the debris in a bucket and dispose of it in a green bin.
- Blow the gutters – Once the debris has been removed, blow the gutters lightly with a leaf blower to gather fine debris & remove by hand to ensure they are completely clear. Make sure to check the downspouts as well to ensure proper water flow.
- Check for clogs – After blowing the gutters, check the downspouts for clogs. If you find a clog, use a plumbing snake or a hose to remove it. Alternatively we can unscrew the top section of the downspout & take apart the 90 degree section where clogs usually happen.
- Inspect the gutters – Check the gutters for any signs of damage, such as cracks, holes, loose joints or gutters hanging due to sagging or loose screws. Repair any damage promptly to prevent leaks and water damage.
- Then clean the outer gutter faces & downspouts with an eco-friendly chemical cleaner to whiten the outside of the gutters.
- Consider installing gutter guards – To make cleaning your gutters easier and to prevent clogs, you may want to consider installing gutter guards. There are several types of gutter guards available, including mesh, foam, and reverse curve systems.
By following these tips, you can properly clean and maintain your gutters and prevent clogs and water damage. Remember, regular maintenance is key to keeping your gutters functioning properly and protecting your home from water damage.
Built In Gutters
Built in gutters or rubber membrane gutters are very important to keep clean & prevent clogging. In addition they should be inspected annually during cleaning for any rips or tears in the rubber membrane, as they can lead to serious leaks inside of your home. We have come across customers with 10’s of thousands in water damage to dry wall & insulation due to gutter leaks. Our trained technicians are equipped to repair even large holes in the gutter membranes & guarantee no leaks for years to come, Book now!
Message From This Post’s Sponsor
This blog post is brought to you by the Consulate of Japan. Crown Property Services proudly services Vancouver properties of the Japanese Consulate.