Pick a date for your roof inspection at least once a year
Your roof is the most crucial portion of your home’s structure. Therefore, the National Roofing Contractors Association recommends a roof ought to be inspected twice per year, or once in the spring and once in the fall.
We understand that this regimen may be too difficult for many homeowners to follow. We tell our customers that one yearly roof inspection should suffice — provided that they do a “walk-about” around their home following a drenching downpour or high wind storm — the two occasions that frequently lead to roof damage.
A professional roof inspection allows them to spot — and repair — minor roof problems before they spiral out of control and demand a full roof replacement long before the time period specified in the guarantee.
If these two motivators are not persuasive enough, think about eight other reasons why scheduling an annual roof inspection together that will allow you to sleep better at night:
The Benefits of a Roof Inspection
- An expert will detect leaks that aren’t visible to the eye. Water is a corrosive element, leaving water lines and water stains behind just as often as it seemingly disappears and escapes notice.
- An expert will make certain that your roof is draining properly. Standing water is one threat, but a dangerous slope poses another.
- An expert roofing inspection will expand to your gutters to ensure that they, also, are draining correctly. Your roof and gutters work in unison, and they would inspect your gutters to make sure they’re clear of leaves and debris and also that crimps and dents don’t stop them from draining efficiently.
- An expert roof inspection will provide you with a progress report of how your roof withstands the components on your lot. Intense heat, intense cold, rain, high winds and hail all take a toll on your roof. It’s inevitable your roof will require some minor fixes within the span of its lifetime, particularly if your lot is heavily wooded and in the vicinity to falling branches.
- An expert knows exactly how to fortify your roof. The shingles show a story; if they are cracked, broken, missing or loose, they need to be mended. They take notice and chart their illness from year to year.
- An expert roofing review will expose fire dangers. They will find right on top of the roof in the shape of piles of branches and animal nests.
- An expert roof inspection will reveal built-up vegetation. They may look benign, but moss and other vegetation may slowly weaken and undermine the integrity of your roof.
- An expert roof review will boost your sense of safety. It seems unlikely — till you hear a break-in at a neighboring town: a determined thief enters a home through a roof hatch, skylight or another access point.
Message From This Post’s Sponsor
To help you enjoy life and have your finances help you reach your life goals, speak to fee-only financial planner, Bily Xiao. He is a Certified Financial Planner in Vancouver with a background at Microsoft and other tech companies. His Vancouver Financial Planner website has been cited on Forbes, Yahoo Finance and The Huffington Post for his financial expertise and is a member of the Financial Planning Association of Canada.